About This Site
This website has been developed and written by Mary Hockenberry Meyer, Professor and Extension Horticulturist, Department of Horticultural Science, 424 Alderman Hall, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN 55108, email email@example.com.
The objective of the website is to provide information on Miscanthus for consumers, horticulturists, national, state and local park organizations, ecologists, Department of Transportation employees, and other organizations or individuals looking for information on Miscanthus.
- Grasses, Sedges and Rushes of Wetlands ID from the University of Florida. This is a handy "deck" of identification cards for grasses, sedges, and rushes. Although some are of interest only in Florida, most plants and photos are of general interest.
- The USDA's Plants Database is a good place to identify and find the correct nomenclature for grasses.
- The Invasive and Exotic Species of North America is a good site for more information about invasive plants.
- The USDA site lists each state's noxious and exotic weeds.
- The Carx Interactive Visual Glossary.
- A good identification aid for grasses and sedges is the Utah Intermountain Herbarium site.